My first thought is that I need to write for like a week straight to catch up on my life.
Funny things:
Dane is 1& 1/2 and he usually goes to bed around 8pm, but last night he was up late. After reading him his bedtime books, I said "Dane, say night-night to the birdies (we just read a book about them) and his response was "no!" So I said, "well, do you want to hold your book then? okay. " I proceeded to turn his lights off, and as he immediately realized that it really was time for him to sleep, he HURLED the book at the wall, and he dove head first for the mattress in his crib!! Not another word was said as he I covered him with his blankie and walked out. That was a first.
Words I love that dane says right now:
Juice- sounds like "chewz"
Noodle- sounds like" newnel"
What is it about babies that makes you feel like you are in love for the first time? My Dane has this look, a sparkle in the eye that gets me every time he does it. It's amazing that God gave us such beautiful emotional attatchment hormones to make us enjoy our families so much. There are times when I really want to jump off the boat. But then I live for the times when we have perfect familial bliss.
Another thing I have been thinking about lately is how short life is. I mean, I really want to DO more than I think is possible right now. I want to learn to have a beautiful flower garden, growing prize roses, I would love to be the perfect mother in that I will not leave them feeling resentful to me for any reason once they are grown, I also would like to further my education, become a very well known/expert interior designer, travel the world, become fluent in a least 3 languages, learn to be an expert in art/architectural history, as well as have a double life being a professional ballroom dancer. There are more things but that's a start. Is this life enough? All I do know is that I can try. And if I don't end up doing everything, I hope there's time in the life after to do some more learning/doing. Life has so much to offer... I just wish there were three of me to do everything.
Monday, February 13, 2006
Posted by
Rachel H
at
3:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Sometimes I wish I believed in reincarnation...b/c I have a long list of professions that I want to try....but I would need a long list of lifetimes to do them...I too am looking forward to eternity where hopefully I can complete my list...just like Earl.
ps what does the name of your blog mean?
Rococo is my ALL time favorite historical period in Architecture/interiors. See artencyclopedia.com/history/rococo.html. I don't know how to do that groovy link thing yet. Mocco just sounded catchy. =) Thanks for visiting. =)
Post a Comment