~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, November 20, 2006

I LOOOOOOOVE BALLROOOMMMM DANCE!


My friend Lisa and I went on Saturday night to THE OHIO STAR BALL! It will be televised in 5 1 hour episodes on PBS starting the last wednesday in JANUARY. While we were there we got to meet a couple of the dancers from Dancing with the Stars! (Tony Dovolani and Elena Grinenko)
It was AMAZING! I love to watch it, and it reminded me of the first time I ever saw ballroom being done at BYU where I went to College. I rememer being mesmersized as I felt the electricity between the dancers! I had never seen anything that looked like more fun. I grew up doing ballet. From 3 or 4 until I graduated from high school I took and taught ballet. Ballroom opened a door of thrilling possibilities for my heart and mind! I probably should have at least double majored in it because every semester at BYU I went and signed up for as many ballroom classes as I could fit in, usually bteween 2 and 3 per semester!
Ever since then I have loved it, but haven't had an opportunity to fulfill it! I enjoy watching it of course, and Mark and I have taken a few classes and private lessons together... but going there on Saturday renewed my obsession and now I am thinking of it all over again!
Earlier in the year, I was offered by the owner of a studio Mark and I took some lessons at to to teach part time, and then get free advanced lessons for competing etc... I am thinking that maybe after the holiday rush is through in Jan, I will trade my BCBG fashion shoes in for some sweet Dancin' shoes!!

No comments: