~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Friday, March 10, 2006

What a great feeling it is to help someone! Unfortunately I am not talking about the Mother Teresa-give food to the poor-save a dying animal helping. Someday when I pass through this stage of my life, which is MOTHERING, okay I know I'll never ACTUALLY stop being a mother, but when I have some free time again, I do want to have my own interior design firm. But there is a friend of mine who recently has needed my assistance in this area. It is really an ego booster to spend time with her because she really treats me like my knowledge in this arena is SO AMAZING. (Heaven knows I know it's NOT)

Take today, I went over there to help her and her husband decide where to place an extremely large new sectional in their great room. I walked in and immediately saw a large u-shaped thing that was blocking all entrance to itself yet facing the TV and fireplace. I immediately asked the husband at what points does this thing separate? I started to try to envision their options with this mammoth sofa contraption. And I immediately started spouting off their options. By the third suggestion I knew I had nailed down what needed to happen. The husband could see it and he added to it, which was great! The wife was still unable to picture it so we all started moving the parts around to my described positions. And - it was like an "A-HAA-WOO-HOO- this is really going to work!" moment! They were both so excited to suddenly have it so open and functional... They must have thanked me 10 times. What a simple and great boost to my day. I am smiling!

No comments: