We are a strange breed, my husband and I. Things we do for fun:
1. Stay up until 7 AM wallpapering our house.
2. Stay up until 6 AM painting
3. Stay up until 4 AM sewing window treatments! ( that's just me, not Mark)
Okay that's not all but as you can see we are a little obsessed with home improvements on our 1890's victorian monster of a house. It is LARGE (4300Sq. ft.) , and although it has been updated in electicity, plumbing, the BIG stuff, it needed a fairly COMPLETE overhaul aestethically when we moved in last June. I love it though, and instead of being satified with ourselves for a long time after one project is done, I only get MORE excited to do MORE. The only thing I can compare it to is my addiction to shopping and the HIGH I get with that. I feel odd about it I guess because not a soul in either of our families is remotely like that. When my mom, or my grandmother for example, wants new window coverings, they open a catalogue and order NEW ones. And those are the same ones they'll have for at LEAST the next 10-15 years!
I, on the other hand, want to REPAINT, Re-furnish, re-decorate about every 2-5 years MINIMUM! Yikes! IT's just such an outlet of creative expression for me. Yes, an expensive one I'll confess, but I have learned about every trick in the book for cutting costs, doing it myself, and creative freebie ideas.
Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Posted by
Rachel H
at
7:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment