~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Thursday, July 20, 2006


The Pajama Game....

Little Miss Lena Elise. Lil Diva. Tiny body, big person inside! Any one who knows her well knows that she spent nearly 100% of her life up until this point wanting to be nearly naked at all times. I finally did put down the rule that she had to at least wear underwear at home. All my family and friends find it humorously ironic given the fact that I am, well, a bit "primpy" with her... But it doesn't go very far. For example, Sunday morning, I get her beautifully ready for church, hair twisted into some cute little chingnon. with a huge bow, and a darling little dress. The second we GET HOME from church she grabs whatever is in her hair, and starts yanking until it is OUT, pulls her dress offf her body, throws her shoes to the wayside and proceeds to her normal home activities. All bare but undies.

Well, lately we've had a new turn of events in her .... Oddly enough. Until now, at bedtime, including through the ENTIRE winter when our OLD house is not necessarily very well heated, she would wear nothing but her underwear. NO jammies. NOW, suddenly she's decide that jammies are the only way she can fall asleep. And NOW, it's the dead heat of summer, and again our 1890's house is NOT the coolest thing on the block. So last night we couldn't find her summer jammies(most likely because she dropped them in some random place throughout the house earlier in the day) , so she INSISTS on going to bed in long sleeved flannel and velvet winter jammies. So even after trying to talk some logic into her... She insists .

I guess I should be glad she wants to wear clothes at all now. I mean, it is a tiny step forward right? Her reasoning is not logical, but I guess that's her perrogative at a sassy 4 years. Then again, it sometimes is my perogative to be illogical too. So maybe we are more alike than I think.

No comments: