~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Remember what matters.

~ "Children need to know that having faith in the Savior and following Him will help them receive peace in this troubled world."~Colleen K. Menlove

“Whatever the era, whatever the times, one thing will never change: Fathers and mothers, if you have
children, they must come first. You must read to your children and you must hug your children and you must love your children. Your success as a family, our success as a society, depends not on what happens in the White House but on what happens inside your house.” Barbara Bush


I was recently called into the Primary presidency, which in our church is the children's organization. And as I have been online at www.lds.org looking up things for Sunday, I read these qoutes, and was personally reminded of the great responsibility we have to help the children in our lives learn all they need to become better for our society as a whole. Learn to love, give, serve, care. I definately don't feel like I am the "world's greatest mom". I am SO FAR FROM IT! I am not a good teacher, I can't cook much, and I really don't feel like I relate that well to them. But this I do know. When I feel like I am doing a lot of things wrong... I remind myself of all I am doing right. I love them with the entire wholeness of my being. I do try as much as I can to show them this love every day. I adore playing with them, tickling, dancing to Abba (Lena's fave song is Dancing Queen) , and generally get crazy! We love to color, paint, play outside, have ice-cream, gummy-worms, and popcorn. I want them to know that we are their biggest fans, and I hope we can also teach them to be good people too.

I think my newest calling or"job" at church will help me fully realize all these things and also see the beauty and seedling potential in all children, not just my own.





No comments: