~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, July 24, 2006

Redecoration Diaries, Number 1.

I decided this past weekend to start in on Lena's room, while she and Mark went to his brother Brian's house. I have every intention of finishing something.... but unfortunately, time often goes faster than I plan for. Okay- I didn't get very far, but here's the plan-

Paint- meaning paint primer, then paint a mural on one wall, I am doing a curvy road lined in flowers & trees, an ornate bridge with a cinderella coach pulled by unicorns (per Lena's request) and a fairy sitting on the side.. leading up to of course the requisite large castle. I am containing the entire mural in what will look like a twin of her large window on the opposing wall, so as to keep it under control... I am not doing the ENTIRE wall. Also, On either side of her canopy bed, I will paint large scrolls with scripting of some special fairytale words personalized. The rest of the room I THINK I will do in a pale pink/pale herbal green diamond pattern.

More to come but that 's what I am working on currently.

1 comment:

Rachel H said...

Thanks Mom