~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Sunday, August 13, 2006



Lake Michigan- Here we come!!
This week we are having both our 10 year anniversary, and we are taking a little family vacation to the west coast... no not THAT west coast. The lovely western coastline of MICHGAN. On the great Lake Michigan! Seeing this photo you might me tricked but it is actually from the freshwater coastline. Pretty cool, huh! I must admit I was not anticipating this over our anniversary weekend. I imagined some romantic getaway.. but we are telling ourselves we are going on a "real" anniversary trip sometime in the fall or winter. We'd like to revisit the place of our honey moon, Mackinac Island, and stay at the Famous Grand Hotel...

It is so beautiful! Either that or somewhere tropical.. we'll see.

But THIS weekend, it's a relaxed family fun time at the Best Western Plaza hotel on the lake. Sand, sunshine and water. It will be a nice escape from the busy life we've had lately. I am super ready to get somewhere for a few days where NO ONE can reach us! (As long as our cell is turned off. )

And I got a cute new suit at BCBG this week, I only wish I were a bit thinner...tighter...tanner. The story of my life huh! Slight random thought though- My sister Amelia and I were talking the other day, that we've inherited this sheer skin! It really is not even white- I'd LOVE white skin... no it's sheer, with light red and purple sections showing through. GREAT for summer looks! (NOT) And none of us really tan... so I have always coped by using sunless tanner! I was like a PIONEER of sunless back when I started using it, like 15 years ago!! I cannot live without the stuff. Anyway - tangent over.

SO we are preparing to go this week and it's gonna be fun! As long as the fact that I may be a TAD PMS-ey around the same time? Oh well! Can't always plan those things huh! So I plan on taking some great water shots for the non exsistent scrapbooks I may never actually do but have a slight intention of starting someday! AND for that random great shot that I can blow up and frame on my wall.

No comments: