Okay, I really have no idea what has gotten into me lately but for some reason this past weekend I found some reason each and every day to just intermittently burst into hysterics. I really have no way to explain it. HORMONES? maybe . STRESS? I don't know. Sometimes I do think that the only good way for me to really get out suppressed emotion is to let out large amounts of liquid from my eyes(and nose) . It seemed that would be hard for my body to actually do because I am actually pretty dehydrated lately.
I went to the Temple with my hubby on Saturday, which I really thought would build my emotional strength, but as our 2 year old threw yet another tantrum late that night I actually decided to see what would happen if I started bawling too. I think my husband was a little freaked out so he stepped in and took over the 2 yr old's bedtime routine and I instead weeped into my bread as I made a turkey sandwich and my 5 year old looked on in shock.
"Mommie, Why are you sad? "
"Mommie's not sad, just really tired. Remember how when Dane gets sleepy he starts to get cry and be cranky? "
And then I deperately tried to choke back unforseen sobbing as I chopped tomatoes for my late dinner. As if that wasn't enough, on Sunday, as I frantically ran around preparing things for the Sacrament program practice of the children's organization (primary) that I help run, I did it again. Someone threw me for a small loop.
"Rachel, Sis. X has not shown up to lead Nursery and Sis Y has a Sub, but there are like a million toddlers in there, who's going to do it? "
Me with look of dizziness: " Um....let me see.." So I run around and can't find anyone, and have like 3 other issues/problems going on in my head at the same time and ..... Oh, No, there I go again!
I tell a friend who is waiting for me to figure out the nursery thing, "Um, if I start crying right now , please know it's not your fault!! "
And as I lay out ribbons, cardstock, and crafty items on tables for a later craft the children will do, my hands quiver and I start trying to control my heaving and wipe away my tears franticaly so as to not have running makeup lines! AAACK!
"Ohhhh, no!" My friend says..
"That's okay, Rachel, I'll help out in Nursery! Is there anything else I can do? "
I can't speak because of the knot in my thoat, and I am breathing deeply to overcome.
The rest of the day went by fine, and I was my normal fairly confident together self! So what is up with the crying?
The episode passed, but I am really wondering what was in the air last weekend!






No comments:
Post a Comment