Kids on Crack/Satan's Foods
Ever since I have had a child old enough to eat candy, (about 3 years now- since we didn't let Lena try any until she was 2) We have experienced this phenomenon that is rather troubling to me. Both Lena and Dane turn into what I could mostly closely say (not that I REALLY know what it's like to be on crack, I mean only what I imagine) is like having kids on CRACK. They are these wonderful darling children, but bring free candy around, and nothing else matters in their little worlds. Hunger pangs? Never! Just candy voids!!
Yes, Dane is 2 now and is FULLY into his terrible 2's and making it quite difficult to function in more than one of my everyday errand situations. Lena's dance class, for example, offers a large container of free treats to all. Suckers, little boxes of raisins(like THAT can entice next to the satanic treats) and other assorted candy. When we walk into the room, Dane shoots a beeline for the container, and ends up, if he gets his way, with as many suckers as his little hands can hold, mostly all open, tasting each one. AND THIS AT 10AM every tuesday morning!!!! Let's jst say it's become such an issue that I am considering having to change the dance studio Lena goes to! All because of the evil CANDY!
And NOW we have glorious, wonderful, hallowed HALLOWEEN upon us. Tonight. Can we avoid it? no. CAn we escape the madness that will ensue? I am working on that one. I know the next morning will be
"Mommy, can I have some candy?"
Me, "for Breakfast? Uh, NO."
"PULEEEEEEZE!"
"NO."
And for every other hour thereafter repeat that exchange only substitute snack, lunch, and dinner. I know we'll enjoy tonight. It's tommorow I am afraid of.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Posted by
Rachel H
at
9:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment