~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas...
I know, it's not even halloween yet! And anyone who knows me also knows I hate cold weather for the most part and that really the only time I want it to ACTUALLY snow is Christmas EVE, and day. The rest of the time I'd prefer a balmy 75, thank you very much. The other day I heard a clip of a christmas song, and I started to get that excited feeling, which told me the 2nd half of the year must really be in full swing, for it's only then that I will positively respond to Holiday music.
BUT, as fall is here and winter is fast approaching, I am trying to decide when to put up my christmas decorations- which so far include 2- 9 foot christmas trees, 1- 7 foot christmas tree, a 2footer for Lena's room and various garlands, wreaths, stockings, nativity set, etc... With my in laws coming for a visit early in Nov, I would like to get most if it done early so they can actually experience and enjoy our home in the festive state it is during the Season.
I also hope that I can start Christmas shopping early and not wait to become Santa until literally the night before like last year when I panicked and ran to wal-mart and raided the toy section only then realizing that it really was going to be Christmas the next day and our kids might actually like a few things to unwrap!! (Aside from the fact that I also would like to get SOME sleep the night before as well)
I also have been on an antique-y silver service wear kick lately, ever since my mom got me this beautiful cassarole in an ornate silver serving thingy that is SO pretty! So I also got this pretty silver teapot set at a rummage sale recently, that I am hoping to use for like hot cider, or hot chocolate, and use the cream and sugars for flavors like raspberry and mint or hazelnut to add. I also got this beautiful Odeida serving tray at the good will for $6 as well as a pretty silver jewelry box for Lena's princess room! Such a score , but they need polished. It's totally odd that I don't like cooking, but I love having little parties and I LOVE pretty serving dishes, etc... I guess it motivates me to learn a thing or two about cooking as well. Anyway, tonight I am hosting dinner at my house for a pumpkin carving/painting session with some friends and my sister. I am making spaghetti (home-made) and (crust-eaz)apple pie.
And maybe some hot cider.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Snow for Christmas is a MUST! You'd think that would be a guarantee when I go home to Canada for Christmas but lucky me, the last few times it's been a brown Christmas...but still with the -30 degree temps. Just something so wrong 'bout that!

Kage said...

thanks askinstoo random spamming...

Anyway, I HAVE to see pix of your trees and decor....and I too am excited for the holidays, but I think you know why...