Mother's Day. yeah I know it's over .. but here's the rundown on our weekend!
My sister and I were asked to speak about our Mother at Church on Sunday, which was really nice because my entire family was there for Amelia's baby's blessing. We were teasing Mom that this was probably what her eulogy will sound like!! Anyway...
Spent the Sunday in Dayton at a park, had a lovely big family picnic, played a big group tball/softball game, and took a walk.
Funny stories from the weekend- My BIL has claimed that he has lost 16 lbs by taking insanely huge amounts of Vitamin C in powder form. So later in the day I was talking to my Mom, trying to tell her about this- I was very excited !
Here's what I said, "Mom! Guess what! Danny said that he lost 16 pounds by eating nothing but Cinnamon Rolls!! Can you Believe it? "
"WHAT? Cinnamon Rolls??" My mom looks at me like I just stepped off planet Mars.
AUGHH! Talk about subliminal thoughts!! I completely THOUGHT I said Vitamin C- but NO! I said CINNAMON ROLLS! I have NO IDEA where that came from! I truly didn't even have it in my head! Clearly my subconscious is hoping for the latter.
Then, after we got home and I was in our bedroom, just starting to put some stuff away- and Mark was downstairs having a catch-up chat session with his Sister in Utah. Our Persian cat jumps up on the bathroom vanity and wants some fresh water (she loves it when it's straight from the tap) anyway...so I pop the drain closed and flip the faucet on so she can lap it up all she wants.
I proceed back into my room and start arranging all my fun new costumey jewelry I got for mother's day(with my old stuff) . I am totally talking to myself in my head. "Ohhh, let get these organized. Okay, lets make piles!! Earrings heeere...bracelets heeere...Necklaces....yes!! Earrings, Bracelets, Necklaces, Earrings, bracelets, necklaces, yes!" My thoughts are completely absorbed in my silly little task.
And then- a thought- "OH! I should turn off the water for Gracie."
And as Mark is peacefully unaware talking downstairs I walk back into my bathroom to find the water flowing like the Niagara over my sink which apparently has NO overflow hole!! The floor was flooded, and flowing though the 100 year old wood floor down to our office, and surely enough dripping down the light fixture onto my cream colored wool rug. YAY.
Luckily once I sopped all the water up using some of our new 100% Egyptian bath towels (that I adore) the water soon stopped coming out of the light fixture downstairs.
Fun fun fun!
"
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Posted by
Rachel H
at
9:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment