"ODE to Spring"
~
(yeah...I am not quite exactly SURE what an ODE is,
but I think it's something to do with like going on and on
about some certain topic. Like SPRING.)
~
Ahem (clearing throat).
~
My dear and glorious friend Spring,
~
Today you've graced us with your sunshine and your wonders of light and life and breezy beauty! I have lain under your rays and soaked up Vitamin D like there was no tomorrow, dreaming of a time when this should be a common occurrence in my dreary days. Then I would be DREARY no more!
~
I would frolic through the spring tulips, gladly, whilst holding a wicker basket full of crocuses! I would wear nothing but cotton dresses, with eyelet and lace accents, and lovely little spring flats, or even sandals, that would show off my springy painted polka dot toenails!!
~
I think if you really decided to share with us with your ever loving constant beauty, I might even try my hand at some homemade lemonade to share generously with our neighbors, as we all lazily enjoy the comfort of your weather.
~
But Spring darling, please don't tease me! Don't come a little, then craftily hide behind a frigid snow cloud this March like you did a couple of years ago! That was just plain mean, no offense.
~
It was, though.
Mean, I mean.
~
You are so wonderful we all want you to stay around and visit us longer. SOO, Just pack your bags and you can come and stay in our guest room! It even has it's own bathroom, and I would EVEN let you sleep in, K???
Alright.
It's decided.
You are coming to stay, and I am SOOO excited!!!
~
What will I do first?
Ooh, I think I need a new flippy springy dress.
And then I'm looking up a recipe for homemade lemonade.
~
We're going to have so much fun!
Your friend (as long as you promise not to leave)always,
Rachel





No comments:
Post a Comment