Downtime.
~
A burning forehead and a lurching tummy are two reasons that I have the down time to sit here for a few moments and type any words out.
Luckily those symptoms do not belong to me, but my great Dane.
~
What to say? I don't know what to say. Life is moving fast and so am I as this spring starts to take hold on us! If you are my friend on face book then I post so regularly this most likely will be redundant! But, for the journalistic record (i.e. my parents who print this thing off and put into a very LARGE binder for the generations to follow), I feel the urge to share our life as always.
~
First of all, our worries about Lena's potential dyslexia have been felled. She is in the clear on that! (Not that it would have been that bad, I was all ready for it!) We have discovered that her issues with reading are vision related. She has a focus problem called Convergence insufficiency that cannot be detected by a standardized eye test, since she also has perfect 20/20 vision.
~
That little tidbit sure has been long in coming. I wish we could have figured it out two or three YEARS ago, but now is better than never, or later too. Now we will work with therapy to train her eyes to focus properly and eventually she'll be able to see words the way everyone else does! Thank the LORD above for that!
That should take a few to several months. And we'll be smooth sailin'!
YAY!
~
In addition to that, I am taking her out of Virtual Charter schooling, and we are going to what I like to call FREE WILLY schooling. hahaha. That looks so funny to write. But we are DONE with structured schools that attempt to recreate traditional schooling. We LEFT traditional school to get AWAY from traditional school. So I will blow a kiss good bye to the OHVA, who has shown me that I CAN home school my child. And now, with those little wings I have sprouted, I am going to snatch up my little birdies and fly off into another land of schooling-topia.

(And, No, I don't know who these people are, but doesn't her hair look nice? They definately look like happy homeschoolers. Happy Homeschoolers with nice hair.)
I look forward to it! Yay!(I say that too much. As well as Anywhoo-Lena told me that.) The freedom of having my children at home, unstructured, happy, and peaceful is really an unspeakable joy. I LOVE it. They love it. And it, though not what I ever EXPECTED, has been a surprisingly good twist in my life as a mother.


NEXT, we have...dance. I am getting better, I can feel that, and I am being told the same by my coaches (I feel silly calling them "COACH"...it's so sports like..haha!) And even though I am paying them (to tell me that ;))- I mean, to teach me, I still appreciate hearing the words said. I am truly in love with dancing. I bet you couldn't tell. hahah! I read somewhere that unless you have experienced it you'll never know what it feels like to love dance. I never want to stop! I want to be involved in it forever. Somehow some way. It's just so wonderful. So, yeah. That's where I stand (or rather..dance?haha.) on it.
~
I am also somewhat torn between both instructors, both of whom seem to really want to work more with me, as I am splitting my time between the two. On the positive side, I like it because they have different styles and are teaching me in different ways.
But, it is true that if I committed to one I could advance more quickly in one direction with that one instructor.
~
I know it doesn't seem like a big deal on the outside, but I have already become friendly with these people and now I honestly feel sick about picking one over the other...even if part of me sees that it could be advantageous in the end to do that. So that has been a tad concerning lately. I should probably not stress it so much. I know they will survive without me as a student, but I guess I just wish I had unlimited funds and could take lessons all week long!! haha!! That would cure everything.(As my husband says...more money would cure most of the quandries we have.haha.)
~
SO...anyway.. I am working toward a couple of small competitions, and I look forward to every day that I can dance. It makes me feel alive, happy, and wonderful!
~
Another thing that's going to make me feel wonderful is when I finish sewing white slipcovers for a bunch of chairs in my house and new pillows to freshen things UP! YES!!! And if I happen to try and make it look something like THIS, then I could die and all my dreams would come true.
THE END.







1 comment:
wow I love that room! it feels soooo springy. it's about time you blogged!
Post a Comment