~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter and a Weekend of Dancing!
~
Hello there blog world!
I know I am a lost soul to most since I have become the lazy blogger...lol! Easter has come and gone, my Sister Amelia THE very day of Easter actually BIRTHED an over 12 POUND (yes, that is correct) man-child baby boy, obviously were a couple of the highlights of our last 2 weeks. I would totally add a pic of that cute little tub o love but alas I have not actually witnessed him yet with my own eyes! We TRIED to be there the day of, but my poor sissy had a LONG hard labor..and can you blame her? So we had to drive home before she actually had him. I don't think I'd ever survive a baby that huge coming well, down and out, shall we say? In her own words: "OUCH."
Yeah.
So yeah- Kiddie Pic
images from last week...





I like to KISS that lil face.
EGG HUNT.


LOVING this Warm Spring!

~~~

On to this weekend!
SO I pretty much worked all week to learn a brand new routine for my first Dance competition on Friday...
~
And I will say that my fave parts of the experience were:
~
1. Bedazzling a dress I purchased online..with tons of crystal rhinestones...a crafty project that was totally fun and up my alley....and I am ready to do a few more now! haha!!
~
2. Practicing a ton...I just love it!
~
3. Getting all dolled up for the night.
~
4. ALSO, I had so many friends and family supporting me and cheering me on I almost couldn't believe it. It made me feel so happy. I don't think ever in my life have I felt so many kind people doing something like that for me. It was too sweet.
~
5. It was also really entertaining/ fun to get interviewed after the comp by some Spanish speaking TV station... who I guess because I have blond hair totally thought I was from some European country! haa!
~
My Least Fave part:
~
I was unexpectedly nervous!! In fact... I even blanked out on a few moves in our routine and I felt extremely unhappy with myself afterward. NEVER did I think I would do that!!! It was unexpected... On a positive note most people said they thought we looked great and they had no idea. So it was good and bad, you might say.
~
Nevertheless...
the very next night we had an opportunity to perform at Dennison University (and what a gorgeous campus) for a Salsa night at the school....and I got a second chance to dance.
I did GREAT and felt GREAT! It was a redemption to myself that I didn't suck. lol!!
~

Here are a few shots....
Ooooh, I made my hair clip too! It was so fun.
Mark matched me...lol!

So...on to another week of dancing and such.
I start teaching Zumba at a Lifetime fitness on Tuesday...My sister Natalie gets married on Friday, as well as one of the Comfort Dental Docs on Saturday! So a busy wedding weekend coming up!
Have a great week!

3 comments:

The Cochran Family said...

Oh I love it!! I've been stocking your blog for pics! You look so amazing and sooooooo skinny!!! You are the perfect ballroom girl!! Whoot whoot! So you start teaching at Lifetime fitness? That is so cool! How did that happen. I really cant wait to teach someday...you are my hero! And yah for Natalie! I can't believe this day has already come...time goes so fast. Am I really ready to have another little monster??? But yes, cause I'll have a little princess this time! I almost forgot! Plus I can get skinny again and start teaching maybe. Seth showed me a picture of some skinny blonde chic leaning up againt my dresser and I was like hahha who is that? I love your hair piece btw! Enjoy every moment sweetie, your life is a dream! Love you and congrats!!

Amelia said...

hey you need to call me lady! I haven't gotten to hear your dance performance story from you DIRECTLY...I'll keep calling you.
You looked like a barbie!
love ya

Amy Jane said...

Elsie is getting so big, and ADORABLE!!! AND, you as previously stated looked like a beautiful barbie in your dancing queen outfit!!