~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, May 03, 2010

"What ever you want to do, do it.

There are only so many more tomorrows. "
~
If you were to ask me why I am dancing right now. I think recently I realized part of why. Not realizing it when I began only four short months ago, four months that at the same time seems like an eternity because now I can't imagine my life without this part of me. I am alive now. More than ever. But I am rambling. Back to the point of this.


I realized that I as a mother, instead of pushing and prodding and dragging my daughter to dance classes she didn't enjoy and even hated to take, that I needed to do something different. Something that did not involve my child's personal interests at all. I realized a meager attempt to somehow make my daughter live my dream was completely pointless. I NEEDED to live my dream out. I needed to make that happen for me. For my well being. For the sake of my children seeing their Mother shoot for something. Train for something, work HARD on something. Hopefully have some of that effort become not only a catalyst to help me achieve my dreams, but to have it be some small kind of example to my loved little ones. I want them to know it takes work hard and focus, but with that anything is possible for them.




This costume is all by me! I created and stoned the top..added the skirt and stoned it as well. =) Sooooooooooo fun!!





Here we have a lovely dancer who is competing pro am like me, who I admire and love to watch her and her dance instructor. I have become dance friends with Jessika, and she has given me wonderfully kind and helpful advice!

She danced like a million dances, and this one was for her showdance.




My wonderful friend Pam with my and my teacher Michael.


She brought her adorable daughter to see as well.


Thanks for supporting us Pam! =)





Love my girl Pam!!





You know, we went up to the awards part and I honestly didn't even CARE whether I placed or anything...I had so much fun and truly felt like I did the very best I could. And nothing could beat that feeling. It was fantastic!





I AlSO want to thank my sweet Hubby Mark, who was the photographer/videographer through it all and was my cheerleader and was so proud of me. I truly am the luckiest girl in the world for his sweet support. Love ya babe!





Now that my first official dance competition is over, I am so happy with how it went! It was so fun and exciting, I had a wonderful time. For some reason I can't get a clip added to my post, it shows a little bit of our cha cha cha routine! My teacher Michael Paul worked hard with me on this and it payed off! I was totally prepped and I felt confidence and was able to really make it my best. I was very grateful for that! We saw a wonderful world champion pro couple perform several jaw-dropping dances later in the night...and I must say it was wonderful. I even teared up at one song they did! Why does it make me so emotional, I don't know...but it certainly does!!! It's just so beautiful. I love to be dancing, watch dancing, I think dancing is my personal drug. My personal prozac. haha!!



I will be the first to admit it's not all smiling and happiness, that is for sure. My teacher Michael pushes me and sometimes is just rough enough on me that I go home and cry(usually in the car-haha!!)....but obviously I have an easy cry reflex...so then again maybe it doesn't take much. haha. But it's worth it because I love learning and I love the process for the most part as well. I love getting compliments of course..but I have to be better at taking criticism too. I want to learn what I need to do to improve always.





Anyway... I leave you with another quote,



" To dance is to be out of yourself.



Larger, more beautiful, more powerful.



This is power, it is glory on earth and it is yours for the taking. "



=)
Anyway...I can't seem to get the video to post..so we'll work on it!

No comments: