~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

......And a Happy New Year!

Addie and Dane
So just because Christmas is over does NOT mean my decorations are coming down! No way Jose! I spent so major time getting those suckers up and now I am going to sit a while and ENJOY! So maybe end of January.... we'll see how the "winter blues" hit me. Because on a dark snowy wintry day there's nothing like turning on the Christmas lights to cheer ya up. I just got back from my BCBG party tonight. I wore a really cute deep vneck long black cashmere/silk sweater with a shimmery gold tank underneath that had small gold coins sewn on at the neck. I wore black leggings and my NEW BCBG gold stilettos! I think they may be the highest heels I own right now. It was quite fun to get dressed up.




Lena and Dane and I watched movies (Polar Express, The little Mermaid, and some Muppets movie) like all day today too, as well as the fact that I ate nothing but leftover pie with whipped cream for both BREAKFAST and LUNCH!! I guess in my head there's this unwritten rule that the day after the major food holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas, you are allowed to eat whatever you want the next day (or two) .. okay- and yes- I feel the gym a'calling but -oh well! I am accepting myself chub and all in my old age!!

I think it will be very fun to wear some of my new things from Christmas out on a date with my hubby. I got some sweet new brown suede boots with fur trim, and some great calf height boots in black. We need to get out really badly, too. I feel like we haven't been on a date alone in forever! I am adding some pictures of Christmas dec, family etc...


I also feel like I need to make some special "alone" play time with both Lena and Dane. I think for so many weeks I have been so busy with so many other things that I haven't made enough time for just playing games and having one on one Mommy and Me time. They had a fantastic time over Christmas with all the family, but now will be a nice time to be alone again and just hang out together.



The excitement of the Holiday just shines!


The whole clan!



My cute nephew!


This is Dane with my family's exchange gifts!




Our tree and some garland!







No comments: