~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, December 11, 2006

Church Musical Cantata is accomplished!
This weekend was a crazy busy one! I have learned a lot about leadership and organization skills this weekend.
Mainly that I don't have any.
No seriously, I don't think even I was prepared for my level of cluelessness on organizing a group of people to perform the tasks at hand. I had "in my head" the ideas of what I wanted to do with my design plan and everything. I mean, yes to be quite honest, I really thought I could "wing" it on the design plan, because I am quite confident in my ability to look at something and either immediately know what needs to be done or quickly figure out what to do. Kind of like a "room whisper-er", you could say. I get into a space and it tells me what it needs. (I know that sounds hokey but trust me on that.)
What I DID NOT plan for, was the fact that 10 people (my so-called committee) would all be staring at me blankly asking in unison, "What can we do?". And my inspired answer was "I really have no idea!" I did not plan that I might need to CONVEY my ideas to others, and not be able to SHOW them what to do. Besides the fact that I had ONE 17 ft ladder weighing about 500 lbs and MOST of my decor required the use of it. GO FIGURE!
But with my husbands help, he and I and some people to whom we are INTENSELY grateful made it work! It was not my "all out" decor but it was pretty and we really got a LOT of compliments on it, so I guess people liked it!
It was a good night.
And, MAYBE, if my husband gets me a new cord for my camera today, I will post some pics from it!

No comments: