~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Black and White...Happy Sad...Boy am I a moody Mama or WHAT?
~
I'd love to say I have a some fun new pics that I took during this morning's lesson, with my other instructor, Michael. I will introduce him better in another post. He really is great.
~
But today I did not have the energy for anything after our dancing. Let's just say dancing is hard. I know you know that...but even for someone (like me) who considers themselves an above average dancer, quite coordinated, and even a pretty fast learner it can be like pulling teeth (and I have on very good authority that THAT can be TOUGH!!)! Today was one of those days. Let's just cut to the chase by saying I was in tears on the way out to my car.
~
And that's not really all bad. So no worries there.
I am not sad that I cried, because I know it means I was frustrated, which means I was challenged, which means I was being pushed to do MORE. And I want to do more!! LOTS more! I want to look good when I dance, and it's going to take serious work! It's no joke. I mean, if the regular non dancer person had any idea all the things involved in it....they'd be shocked!
~
Here's a glimpse into today:
"Tummy IN (that's a biggie for me. I blame those three little punks that call me mama.) , and don't arch your back!"
"Elbow loose, rounded, but keep connected through the arm and hand"
"Twist, don't ROTATE!" (do you know the difference? I didn't! And BTW, I twisted so hard today...let's just say it felt like I was on a taffy puller! Jeez, do I need to get better at that!)
"What are you DOING there? Was THAT a check?" (I really had no idea..haha.)
"Face forward, twist out, give me pressure, feel the LEAD!"
"Maybe this move is too hard...I'll simplify it.."
(MY anxious response- "NO no no !!! Please just help me learn it!"
And on and on and on...until we were done and I felt like my twisty, not connected body was needing a small scale overhaul.
I think I should PRACTICE?
Yes.
SO for now....that's my update on dance. It was good. HARD, but good. I just have to be patient with myself. And I am glad that I can do it.
THE END. =)

No comments: