~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, February 15, 2010




Just Embrace it.


~
So we are expecting more snow tonight. Something like 5 inches or so. Not a ton, but enough to get me nervous on the roads...I am like an 85 year old white knuckler when there's a chance I might slide on 4 wheels. It's post traumatic from two earlier fender benders over the past couple years.

Anyway.

I am not against snow. Actually I quite think it very aesthetically pleasing! I know from being in places out west where the sun actually shines, that it can really sparkle on fresh powder. Like diamonds. And who doesn't like diamonds? I mean, here, in the horrid- ooops! I mean MARVELOUS Midwest, it's a tad harder to remember how glorious that white sugary coldness can be, what with us being mostly covered in clouds of darkness all winter.


But I am turning a new leaf today!
~

I hereby vow to embrace winter in all its frigid icy wetness and invite all to do the same!!!!! Don't let slush getcha down!


Don't let COLDNESS make ya' cranky!

(see? There's a tiny bit of light peeking through that day...)

Channel your inner igloo lovin' self and join me NOW!
Who's with me?
~
anyone? ANYONE?
ANYONE!!!!?
~
Well, whatever.
I am starting a "I used to hate and despise winter but I totally love it now. Seriously." CLUB.
Lena will be the honorary president.
'Cuz she loves the cold. Hates it hot.
She's a regular ESKIMO.
~
And I am going to follow her example!!!
~
(...Just as soon as I get my third layer of wool under clothes on, with my down blankie, and some heavy winter booties...and turn up the heat in my house.)
~
.....EMBRACE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After seeing how much Lena and Dane enjoy the snow..maybe we should think about grandpa and daddy taking them sking sometime... I am still looking for snowsuits for the kids. Let me know who really needs them the most... Love, mom

Mandy said...

I welcomed winter with open arms, I was excited to see my long lost friend - but now it's over stayed it's welcome...and needs to GO! :)