~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Tuesday, February 09, 2010


A peek inside....
~

We have been utterly snowed in for a few days here in the midwest and I'll tell ya, it makes for some LOOOOOONG days. Not that we are not home all day most of the time anyway now, what with school at home and all, but seriously!! Just to get out when it is THIS cold and horrid out, seriously makes it not even worth the trouble! I didn't want to bother, I didn't really even want to risk driving etc...in the yucky weather. I finally braved it tonight by myself and went to a dance lesson at the gym, but that was the biggest outing (make the the ONLY one) of my day! So, my main point is that is makes the days go by SoooooSLOW. I felt like this day lasted forever, which is NOT a common occurrence for me.


Anyway, I have FINALLY remembered to bring my camera with me so I could snap a shot of my dancing coaches. I want to get more pictures of everything I am doing dancing to chronicle and share more of it. Dancing does take a lot of my creative thought and time now, and so I am left with little brain for creative blogging, but hey, this will be interesting, right?(go ahead and nod your head, yes!haha!)

~
This is Allen, with whom I have been learning Salsa! He has a pretty cool dance history so far, and is doing a LOT of really neat things with it. He lived and opened 2 dance studios in NYC before moving here. SO he travels a lot back and forth from there. One thing I like about Allen is his goofy sense of humor. He definately gets my humor too and so we laugh a lot. I appreciate his lightheartedness, and it makes lessons really fun. We have thus far worked exclusively on Salsa, so I have already a pretty good collection of moves. The dance moves start at a bronze level, then go to silver, and then Gold level, and then it is called Open choreography. So, to tell you what level I am working at in salsa I am doing Gold and a little Open. It is seriously one of the most fun things I have ever done. EVER. I love it. I am just a happy happy woman when i am doing it. HAPPY. well, at least that's when things are clicking along and i am doing well. Then there are times when I feel like i am a little slow. Those times are gonna be less fun, obviously.
Anywhoo....i have felt like a desperate housewife or something lately because it seems like i am living from one dance lesson to the next. It is very cool to have the opportunity to learn this at this point in my life- what with being all 'mom of three' and wife and such. I feel extremely grateful for Mark's support and just for the joy it's brought into my soul! I hate to get all cheesy on ya, becuase seriously I so would totally make fun of someone saying exactly what i am about to say, but my dancing has become as important to me as ....well, breathing- in some ways. It has breathed life into my heart and mind and phsyche...is that too weird? I don't know...and honestly darlin' I don't give a damn! haha! (name that line)It's just something that if I had to let go of, let's just say I would mourn the loss deeply.

(and I certainly don't plan on it, just sayin')

~

Tommorrow I have another lesson, different instructor, so I will get some pics then too!

Nighty night!


2 comments:

acutely cherished said...

That is so awesome that you have found your passion and what brings you happiness (besides the family :)) I remember when my sister Michele started to rock climb and then kayak and it seemed like her life changed, she was happier than I have ever seen her because she found something that SHE loved! I am still looking for that thing that makes my heart jump everytime I get the change to do it.... hehe

Marylin said...

It makes me so happy for you that you have found this great way of bring some zest in your life (unless you already use that soap)! I want to see video of these lessons :)