~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Dance Dance SWIING!
Oh my gosh! Last night I taught 2 wards youth Swing dancing. It was such a thrill to watch them have a ball. I was really wondering how they'd all do with it. Would they be "too cool" to try? Would they be too shy? I decided to pre-emptively get them pumped before I started to teach by showing them this clip onto a big projected screen.

It was fantastic! It totally did the trick! They were so great. They jumped, jived, and totally had a ball. And so did I helping them along and showing them how fun it is to dance! I talked to them about the history of swing and Lindy hop, and then I had all these great swing songs on my laptop for us to dance to. We ended up only using one song all night though cuz all the others were just a bit too fast for the beginners. It really made me want to teach dance...but I know I don't have a single extra minute to give to it right now. The one really great dance studio near us wanted me to teach but for no less than 15 hrs a week. That's like WAY too much for me right now.

Anyway, it felt so fantastic to have a swing night with the teenagers and watch them have fun doing something that I used to love doing so much!

No comments: