~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Friday, September 28, 2007

Fall time...


Although you couldn't tell based on the warm (over 90's) weather as of late, fall is here, and I am thoroughly ready! Although summer was great an fun and filled with vacations, I am looking forward to some quieter time. I am yearning for cool evenings for having a bon fire and making smores on our new little wrought-iron-fire-pit-thingy ( i don't know have a clue what you call it really). I am also looking forward to coming up with some fun Halloween costumes for the kids and making yummy homemade caramel apples. Natural homemade from a farm apple cider also sounds delicious right now. Another food related item I am in the mood for is a steamer from the local coffee shop drizzled with any of their tasty flavors. (hazelnut,mint,or raspberry are all good.) All foods that just don't fit into a warm summer.


One unexpected fall activity that I am looking forward to is going to a football game. My friends and family will all be shocked to read me writing this because I am THE LAST person on the earth to LIKE football. I am the living antithesis of sports and all things sporty. I mean, when I was at BYU, I went to a football game with my roommate and left at halftime because I was just cold, bored, and my bum was sore from the uncomfortable seating. And when I play a sport the ONLY thing I have determined is that I have a magnetic head. ALL balls head straight for it. Really. It's just something I have learned to accept. It's like certain scientific theories. Somewhat unexplainable, but a rule none the less. I think that all stems back to being in elementary school and some brilliant minded youngsters decided to play ball with a softball sized rock, and somehow my head got in the way of their game. After much blood and stitches, I was just a tad traumatized. Understandably, ever since then I have pretty much steered clear of ball sports.



Last year, however, we went to an OSU buckeyes game and it was really fun. The energy in the audience was quite exciting. And amazingly, I actually had a fun time. So maybe I'm evolving.


Between Halloween, pumpkin carving, and fall festivals... I like fall. I am looking forward to the next several weeks. Oh- and I am adding a picture of a fall-ish addition to my fireplace mantle in the living room. Lots of pheasant feathers. LOTS. And I am really liking the effect.


2 comments:

The Cochran Family said...

Hey! Are you looking forward to fall?? I'm looking forward to hot cocoa and fall leaves, but fall is so hard to completly love because fall lets you down...it leads to my least favorite season, winter. Duh Duh Duh

Rachel H said...

That is true... Winter is fun for about one minute and then I always find myself wanting to head south like little birdie.. =)