~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, October 01, 2007

Lena is such a little firecracker with this stuff. Just eats it up!


Weekend fun
This weekend Mark took the kids down to his brother's house on the Ohio river in Indiana. Yes. Both of them. And yes, I was alone for almost 2 whole days. Was it lonely? No. Did I stay busy? You betchyer bottom dollar I did. Okay lets talk about my side first and then I 'll share what fun they had.

  • I started by heading over to the wonderful outdoor Mall Easton Towne Center to wander, as well as look for one thing specifically. SO FUN.

  • Ate lunch with myself over at my old time favorite, Panera Bread Company.

  • Then, after visiting with some old BCBG friends, I left to search for mums.

  • Bought mums for our weed infested landscaping that I also spent a good 2 hours weeding.
  • Crazy enough, I actually like weeding.

  • Then I layed out my mums in the arrangement I liked

  • Got cleaned up & dressed up and went to our church's general Women's conference broadcast, which I was totally inspired by the humanitarian aid section. SOOO inspiring. As a stake relief society we spent a couple of hours working on many projects for such donations, and now myself and my sister are wanting to make baby bibs and crib sheets to donate somewhere where they need them locally. It just makes you feel SO GOOD to help with things like that.
  • I slept in on Sunday until 11AM!!!!!! I can NOT remember the last time my body naturally slept that long.
  • Taught lesson in YW, and came home.

My DH had a reason of necessity to visit his bro. but in reality I knew that he just was hoping to get to go boating for maybe the last time this season. (wink, wink) Wake boarding, water skiing and boating are by far the most exciting things he would love us to do all summer long. Alas, we are boatless folk. Maybe next summer we'll get to buy a boat, though- who knows! Miracles happen every day. ha.


So anyway, getting to go to thequaint little town of Madison is always fun. It really is a pretty and historic town with adorable shops and restaurants all lining the Ohio River. They had a fun time.

This one made me laugh- is it Dane or Lena? I took a double take with Dane's hair flying up like that in the wind!! (Not to mention the adorable hot pink lifejacket)

    My Super-BABEMy Sleepy-BABE



No comments: