~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Sunday, October 28, 2007

OOOh, that was weird.
I just woke up and had both kids snuggling me on either side this morning. Mark was gone already, as is normal for his morning work schedule. He got ready and left without me even cracking an eyelid. I think I was really tired last night. Lena wakes up first to the morning light and looks out my second floor bedroom windows at the beautiful colors on the trees, as they are highlighted by the flood of sunlight pouring over them.
"Mom, look how beautiful the trees are this morning! Red, orange, yellow! Look, mom,come see!"
I pretend by leaning over that I am reaching my head far enough to actually see the new fall colors. But I don't want to have to leave my warm bed yet.
"Oh yes, Lena, they are gorgeous aren't they?" I fib. I snuggle back down in my covers with dane in a hug.
Then I take a peek at the clock. 8:30 am. Uh-Oh. We slept in a tad. I realize that we are going to be late getting Lena to school at this rate, so we better kick it into gear. I throw on a pink velour sweatsuit with a brown top that is just about drop-off-to-school worthy. Not much more.
I tell her to run into her room and get dressed for school, so we can hurry and eat and go. We all traipse into her room, and I end up picking out her clothes and getting her dressed, as Dane roots through some of her secret candy stash, and then a wrestle fight ensues.
"That's not your candy DANE!" Lena grabs at his death grip on two big tootsie rolls. She and I end up prying them out of his tightly squeezed fingers. "Dane, we can't have tootsie rolls for breakfast anyway, so you might as well give them back." I tell him as he whines and fusses.
We head into little brother's room, and in an effort to cheer him up, I remind him that he has gymnastics today, which he anticipates all week long. I grab a good comfy outfit for jumping like a frog into the "cheese pit" as they call it there.
Down stairs into the sun room, I flip on NBC. Instead of morning news, there's this crazy like bible-college choir singing on tv. I watch it for 30 seconds thinking, "This has got to be a short clip, or an ad or something."
But they just keep singing and singing.
Slowly something starts to dawn on me.
I remember that Mark had early meetings at church on Sunday.
Yesterday we were at the zoo all day...it was Saturday.
TODAY IS SUNDAY.
Oh my gosh! I have not stayed that mixed up about a day for that long ever! And I feel like I have gained a whole day! SWEET! I am totally glad it's Sunday!
I look at Lena apologetically. "Guess what! I got totally confused and today is not Monday it's Sunday! No school today." What? She shakes her head like "What is going on?" Oh, well.
But, still, that was really really weird.

No comments: