~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, October 24, 2007


WEEKEND NESTING PROJECT...



I know this sounds really weird, but I feel like I am nesting already. I want to clean everything out and repaint like a madwoman. What is up with that? Aside from the fact that maybe the things I want to paint, well, they just really need to be repainted cuz I let the kids beat them to death. First things first, I repainted my little chairs that flank my kitchen island. They were, if you recall, a lovely shade of light pea green, although I think most people saw it as a yellow color. That really ate at me because yellow is on my NO list right now. I will NOT paint something yellow. I am totally and completely 100% sick of yellow in all it's shapes and forms.

So anyway, my color of choice was a light turquoise, with a slight edge of pea green dry wiped on the edges. Finished with a clear coat.
We also started cleaning out our storage room to turn it into my new craft/sewing room! That will be a much longer term project, but it will allow me to possibly use my old craft room for the nursery (if I want to). Anywhoo...I am liking the new pop of color. What do you think?








1 comment:

Amelia said...

rach they are cute. i hate yellow now too and my whole living/kitchen is yellow. im glad we are throwing this house away and trying again with a new one. hahahaha.