~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Saturday, October 20, 2007

SWEET BEFORE AND AFTERS!
So I finished my upholstery class, and now I can strip a piece, make 8 way hand tied springs, hand tuft, make the buttons, and refinish that puppy so it's better than new! I am loving it!! I guess now I can say I am officially a skilled laborer!! Hah! Our instructor was like an upholstery nazi I swear! If it did't look exactly right, he'd make us take it ALL apart and re-do it. It was tedious. It definately was interesting to learn though, and I have at least five other peices just waiting for me to redo!

AS I was taking this thing apart...
The foam was so old inside it that it had turned to powder! We had to vacuum it out!!
This is the final result! I repainted the wood to an antiqued pea green color, with a little glossy finish. And my fabric is a soft velvety fabric with a rose embossed pattern.


2 comments:

Amelia said...

Rachel it is so gorgeous. I can't believe you did it all by yourself. How fun. WOW. TOO cool. I love seeing how a big beat up nasty thing can turn into a beautiful work of art.

Rachel H said...

Thanks millie! I am so glad I took the class. I have been wanting to forever!