~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

RIGHT NOW I FEEL LIKE THIS ZOMBIE HAMSTER.


Right now I am sitting at the computer when really I wish I was curled up peacefully asleep in bed. But this mornings crazy escapades have given me temporary insomnia. It all starts with me waking up to Lena crawling in bed with us. I am too tired to fight it so I just scoot over and try to preserve the comfy feeling of unawareness I was previously experiencing. Sometime after that Dane wanders in. He attempts crawling into bed with us as well, which joyfully would have put myself, Lena, and Him all on MY side of the bed. That was not going to happen. And, of course, Mark is 100% unaware and perfectly asleep during this.


So I get out and carry Dane back to bed. Laying in bed with him for several minutes, rubbing his back,tummy, and legs. Finally he says "Go out, MOM." So I walk right past my room and head straight for Lena's, hoping that she could stay asleep in my bed, and I could catch a few more Z's in her bed. Not more than five minutes later, there's Lena at the side of her bed, or in other words, my bed, or the one I am trying to sleep in. Is there like some sort of magnetic hormone pulling half asleep children to whatever room their mother is? I sigh, and then look up, and sure enough there's Dane standing right in the doorway. Now they all want to lay with me in Lena's TWIN bed. YEAH RIGHT. So I get up again, and put Dane back to bed again. I weakly make it back to Lena's room, where she's anticipating another round of me laying with her, rubbing every last pert of her body and soothing HER back to sleep. I give up.


"Lena, why don't we go downstairs and see if cartoons are on yet?"

And that's how I made it here. And somehow, miraculously, my husband has not cracked an eyelid through any of this. Isn't that just peachy?

3 comments:

kim said...

We have the EXACT same problem! We play musical beds every night. Sometimes, I'm not even aware of the little monkeys squeezing into bed. In the wee hours last night, Evan and Dani ended up in bed with us and then Brendan started crying, so I took him and got in to Evan's double bed, but by the time I woke up for seminary, I was alone in the bed (ahhhh....) and Jason had 3 kids in bed with HIM! If you figure out a solution for your situation, let me know!

Amelia said...

I'm NOT even going into our bed/sleep situations. Anyways, That hilarious scary squirrel freaked Addie out so bad she said really quietly, "Mommy, never show me that mouse again please." Rachel you traumatized my child.

Mandy said...

I have this exact problem, which is why I'm usually up WAY before I'd like to be, and usually taking a nap in the day with the kids, rather than doing those couple of extra loads of laundry :)