I have the MOST AMAZING HUSBAND EVER.
No I don't mean to brag. I am sure there are a lot of very nice husbands out there. Somewhere. But mine is THE BEST. Let me share just a little surprise he and the kids made for me after I got home from work on Saturday night. This week included Sweetest day, and for as long as we've been married, I don't think we've ever celebrated it. I mean, what is it really? So I was 110% not even considering celebrating it. But I will say, that a surprise once in a while is so appreciated and that's exactly how I felt on Saturday.
I walk in from work, and see this pretty pink glass vase filled with pink roses and pale orange daisies. In front of that 3 different cards, one from Mark, Lena, and Dane. They were celebrating not only sweetest day but "yay we're having a baby!" too. A great magazine for me, Fit Pregnancy, and 3 of my favorite treats all laid out. Caramel Corn, Peach gummy rings, and my OH-MY-GOSH-this-is-so-good-I-am-going-to-die right now favorite ice cream, Haagen Daas Dulce De Leche. This was SUCH a sweet little token of love to me that night.
And I get AMAZINGLY poetic cards from my DH at least at every holiday. And this is how this one went, for posterity and so you know what I m talking about...
"Dear Rachel,
Sweet darling I am so delighted that we are going to have another beautiful baby and member of our cute little family. How could we love anyone more than Lena and Dane? I guess we will find out! I am so proud of you, I am so humbled by your power and strength as a mother and a woman. You are so close to and bear our most precious gifts in this life, our children. You are the most caring and capable mother I have ever known and we all love and adore you.
Love,
Mark"
What can I say? I am a very lucky girl.





No comments:
Post a Comment