~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Tuesday, October 16, 2007



Pregnant. Prego. Knocked Up. Bun In the Oven. With Child.

It's true. At least, that's what the first response thingy tells me. I believe it, but I also know that I had a miscarriage at 15 weeks with our first baby. So I know not to feel super safe yet. Or take anything for granted, like that fact that if meant to be, and if I take good care of myself, and if all the stars are miraculously in alignment for us we will, sometime next June, have a healthy new baby. Our third child. Our fourth pregnancy. I can't think too much about that yet. Not only because of an inner fear of having another miscarriage. It's because -as I am sure anyone would be thinking who reads this- I found out about this REALLY early. SOOO, I'll be pregnant through fall, winter, spring, and part of summer! Doesn't that seem a little excruciatingly LONG? UUUUGGGGHHH. SOOOO LOOONG.

I know some people, friends and relatives, wait FOREVER (or at least a while) to make these kind of announcements. But I have learned through experience, that if the miscarriage happens, (and well, isn't that what everyone is kind of worried about the first 3 months), that I want to be able to tell my friends and family why I am feeling so sad. I want their support. What I don't want is to have to start from the beginning, "well, 4 months ago, I found out I was pregnant, and now this is why I am depressed...blah blah blah.." I'd rather say it right away to my close family and friends and then I know my support system is set up in case something sad does happen.

And so now it's out in the open. I. Am. Pregnant. And I am cautiously happy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased for you. I agree. It's much better to tell everyone and let them share your excitement right from the beginning.

Sending good wishes your way.

CONGRATULATIONS

Rachel H said...

Thanks Anon!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, that's SO exciting!!!

I've been awaiting the good news ever since you mentioned baby plans before your anniversary trip...can't wait for further updates on mommy & babe:)

-Ali

kim said...

Congratulations! I was never able to keep my mouth closed about my pregnancies. The longest I ever lasted was 10 weeks. Its too exciting not to share! Of course, announcing it early does make for a REALLY LONG pregnancy. But I guess its just more time for the anticipation to grow!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Rachel!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! *kissies*

Marisa said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!!!!