~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Golf.

~

Mark and I have never golfed. Why? I really have no idea. I mean, aside from the fact that it seems somewhat excruciatingly boring. But really, I have GONE before, and on a gorgeous sunny day, in the mid-70's on a beautiful golf course...it can be quite peaceful! After today I told Mark, it almost looks fun!

~

This morning we did something we haven't before. Mark's partner had tickets he wasn't using to the PGA Memorial Golf tournament.. so we took a little drive over there bright and early (it was like almost 11 am-ok, not THAT early. But kinda early.) to see what it was like! The weather was just as I described above- the PERFECT warm/cool ratio...sunny and just perfectly lovely grounds. We took Elsie. The funniest thing about it to me was how I was obsessing over what to wear!! I guess I was thinking almost like a Kentucky Derby Lite this morning as I sifted through my closet and kept tearing out light chic little outfits. Then I thought, maybe I should check google images of past tournaments to just try and get a glimpse of what others wore in the past...
UGH! Well, I was really glad I didn't try to go to "fancy" because khakis and golf shirts were the order of the day...even for the women. So I wore jeans. Anyway.. fashion statements aside.. it was a really nice little morning jaunt.
~
So my conclusion to this is, if Mark ever decides that golfing is his cup of tea... I think I just might take a sip! ;)

2 comments:

Katrina said...

That is sweet Rachy! It is so fun to be able to have activities like that in common, where you both enjoy doing it together! Gives you something to do on those weather perfect days!

Lor! said...

seriously! My favorite thing to do is golf with bryce!! It's peaceful, quiet, no kids are allowed, you get to drive a golf cart, and be together! The actual golfng part isn't too bad either! Oh, and I've seen some pretty chic golf attire! You don't HAVE to dress like a dude!