~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Thursday, June 11, 2009

(what a handsome daddy, no?)

It's Elsie's One YEAR Birthday!


We are not celebrating it today, but today is officially the day that she graced us with her presence in this world. For some reason I was dreading giving birth to her so much!!! Surprisingly, though, her birth was the easiest one I've had yet. It was such a relief to me!
~
Having her, though, may have been one of the most transforming experiences of my life. She has been the happiest of babies, a blessing that has made my life utter bliss. She has single-handedly made me want to have more children. She has made me feel so much joy. It's not that I didn't feel joyful with the other two...but with Elsie, it's like my eyes have been opened to everything good and wonderful in the world. How can having a baby transform someone like that? I really don't know. She is a special gift to us, that I know. Her life has touched mine so intensely, so richly, that I feel more love for my husband and Lena and Dane even more so now! A divine, Godly love that makes my heart flutter and eyes tear up, and I feel JOY. If heaven is filled with such an emotion as this, then that is where I want to be, that's for sure. I want to feel this forever. And every time I pick up her little body, I kiss and hug her with such complete adoration and love. I am so lucky to have her. I know that my life would not have been the same without her. I don't know what her life may bring, but it has already done more good for our family that we might have ever imagined.
~
I am in love with this girl. And I am so grateful she chose us to be her family here on earth.
~
Happy Birthday my sweet darling baby!

2 comments:

Amy Jane said...

Happy Birthday Elsie!!

Chapman Channel said...

Elsie is for sure my favorite baby in the family right now...besides Everett :) I can't believe she's ONE!!! It feels just like yesterday that she was born!