~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Among other things,
I've got mirrors and sconces on my mind.
~
Despite trying to be very frugal with our money...I have been on a mad hunt for a pretty mirror to go over our new (old)vanity in our master bath that we have been neglecting-oops- I mean- working on. And if it bothers you to hear this...you do know I am pretty much the living breathing actual recreation of the shopaholic? So get over it already. I guess now I am more of a recovering shopaholic...but you know what they say.." Once a shopaholic, always a shopaholic". Its really a personality. Anyway, enough about that.
I also would LOVE some gorgeous sconces for either side of that mirror. I am thinking

Although there are others I might pick over them, they have the price I am looking for and a good look, too, I think. For the mirror over the vanity...I have been stalking craig'slist, as always. I have offered someone $50 for a mirror they promptly replied letting me know they were hoping to get $350 for (whoops!) and well, you just never know!! So I won't be getting that one...but I have my eye on another that I've negotiated down to $90. That's still a more than I wanted to spend. I really wanted to spend about half that. So maybe I will lay in wait like a kitty stalking it's prey.

Speaking of the little furry creatures, we went to the library with Lena yesterday and picked up one tooooo many kitty books, for my tastes. My sis Amelia and I agree that we must hope for her to become a veterinarian of cats...not a creepy cat collector lady. I mean, I told her she already IS that in a seven year olds body now anyway.. so no worries.

~

Anywhoo- I am currently dreaming of having some free time to finish painting the white tree/bird mural in our master bed/bath areas. I am IN LOVE with birds on walls. Did you know that? I just need to get some new paint brushes. My old ones have been confiscated by the children and either lost or broken, or both since I last painted anything.

~

And after what feels like an ETERNITY (like weeks here people!), I talked my BFF into coming with me to my Zumba class tonight. (she'd never gone to a class before!)I'm serious here, It is a pretty hefty effort to get three partially unwilling(read:whining foot-dragging, complaining) children out the door and over to the gym daycare so I can even DO my classes. But by the end of Zumba tonight..and I am not even kidding, during the cool down song, I almost felt tears well up in my eyes! I wanted to hug that teacher so bad. Afterward...and this is why we are best friends, Lisa said, "I almost cried on that last song! That was soooo amazingly fun." And we shared an emotional sweaty half-hug. HAHA. So cheesy I know. But so true. Seriously, I had to thank that instructor for the joy. It was just SO great. It takes all the frustrations of the day...and they just disappear. It's like going to the spa, only you feel like you've lost calories doing it. SO great.

~
I also recently decided to have a housekeeping person come and clean the most dreaded parts of my house. (Floors, bathrooms) She came yesterday...and can I just say THAT is an aphrodisiac.

I think I know that most of you moms would understand this. But having a super clean house..including a super clean bathroom (that I didn't kill myself cleaning) ranks about as high on my Romance-o-meter as,well, I honestly can't think of anything that tops it.

It pretty much made my day.

And my hubby would thank that cleaning lady too. Oh yeah. =)

TMI? Sorry about that.

Anyway.. that's my report for now. I'll keep ya updated on all continuing events.

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...this Zumba class. Sounds like something I need to get into. Note to self...check it out at my gym.

And TMI? Never! :) I totally get the clean house turn on. Even more of a turn on when HE cleans it. Hahaha.

Lor! said...

seriously!! B got a cleaning lady for me for valentines day and mothers day. That was the most amazing, romantic gift ever!! I completely agree with you! Loved your thoughts just like I love you!!