WEEKEND UPDATE
{and thank you Nester. Really. Again.}
~
To say that Nester was my inspiration last week, is really an understatement. Her mantra of letting go of perfection and allowing ourselves to create something beautiful whether or not it turned out "perfectly perfect in every way" fueled some serious action in our house. And to celebrate we also had some great friends over and had a fun dinner party on Sunday evening. Unfortunately, that night I was lame-o and totally forgot to take any pictures. Haha! The evening slipped away from us! But take my word it was a grand evening of socializing.
~
But back to the real action. =) As is obvious by my previous passionate ranting about Nester, you can tell I have been somewhat unleashed. You know, when we were first married..those first years of utter poverty while we were still finishing school, I think I really allowed myself a lot more flexibility in this area. I had to, because I hardly knew how to sew a straight line. So if I wanted to "MAKE" a curtain panel, for example, I had to get VERY creative. {especially since I didn't even OWN my own sewing machine for a few years there. Oh -and get this, I just got this flashback of making a sheer panel in our 1 bed apt at OSU, and totally HOT gluing all the icky frayed edges down. I hot GLUED-reupholstered an ENTIRE SOFA in that apartment. I think I even hot glued styro-foam balls to the end of a plastic pole and then hot glued it ALL in fabric as a cheap/sassy curtain rod in our little kitchen, too. Let's just say I used a LOT of hot glue. But I digress. }
But over the years as my tastes and my knowledge and skill sets have been refined...it has in some ways hampered the mind of my creative freedom. By that I mean I have had a very difficult time making or doing anything that wouldn't turn out as picture "magazine" perfect as I could personally muster. And so I have been laying in wait for the perfect fabric, amount of time to sew and create, the exact perfect inspirational design to enter my mind...etc..you get the idea.
And it has made getting something accomplished a little (ok, a lot) more time consuming and difficult!
~
So, without any more ramblings, let take a gander at some of my letting it loose projects this weekend. I am so crazy about things not looking perfect...that I almost wanted to point out that I KNOW these things are NOT perfect...hahaha! But that is the whole POINT here! Each project took me literally a fraction of the time that the "official-do-it-exactly-professionally-perfect" would have taken. So that is where the JOY lies here. They were quick, they were fun, and I think even so...they look pretty darn cute!
~
So here we go.
Ok, Just kidding, I just had to take a picture..of this awesome rainbow row in my pantry. I just arranged like that last week. haha. Maybe not practical but whoever said my life is anything about practicality???
All right. And one other distraction.
Look at these freaking flowers!! I am so obsessed with them right now. Did you even know that I paid only $3.99 for that whole bouquet? AND they last for like weeks on end? Sick! And they smell so amazing it's like an air freshener throughout the house. I am in LOVE. And that's it.
First of all, NO that fabric is NOT that electrically bright in real life. Almost. But not THAT bright. Now, here's a teensie tiny thing. This little curtain on the doorway was a last item that I just had NO energy for after ALL the other sewing I did for Elsie's nursery. So it became a kinda lame old cafe curtain....until I did this! Just that little swag effect made me so happy.
I want to keep this post totally positive so I won't mention all the things that I am slightly wanting to update about this room right now. It's ok. If I get to it...then you'll see it!
Lena's room was not the last thing we did this last week-end... we also worked on our master bath...but that's not going to be seen until it's DONE! Almost...
But here is Lena's dreamy princess bed now...pretty much exactly as I envisioned it for all this time. I designed and my hubby built the headboard (not this weekend, silly! A long while ago). We did the fancy frenchy-canopy this weekend. The only think you may notice is that I don't have a bed skirt finished yet. I'll post that when I get it done. But what do you think?





3 comments:
yes YES yessssssssssssss! I love the canopy, too! You may be reverting, but I think it's for the best for now!
I love Lenas canopy. that's awesome.
Beautiful! I am so impressed with your talent!
Post a Comment