"It doesn't have to be Perfect to be Beautiful"
~
{tagline of a -new-to-me blog, Nesting Place}
~
What wonderful words of wisdom! Yesterday I stumbled across a really down-to-earth, lovely, inspiring blog that hooked me into reading it late into the night!! Called Nesting Place, you are probably totally ahead of me and have visited it before...because I noticed that has over 2 THOUSAND followers! It's completely unseen to my eyes, though, and it was so hitting the core of what I believe (decor-wise) that I just HAD to post about it!
~
I don't even know where to begin. You really need to just go there are read her philosophy, and anything that catches your eye. I guarantee you will come away with renewed ideas and motivation to make something pretty happen in your home!
I don't even know where to begin. You really need to just go there are read her philosophy, and anything that catches your eye. I guarantee you will come away with renewed ideas and motivation to make something pretty happen in your home!
~
I think to some extent or another we are all brainwashed to think that if we can't do something exactly perfect, or like a professional would, then it shouldn't be done.
I think to some extent or another we are all brainwashed to think that if we can't do something exactly perfect, or like a professional would, then it shouldn't be done.
CAN I JUST SAY-
THAT IS A HUMONGOUS LOAD OF CRAP?!?!
It's true!! For like 99.9% of people out there, we all want an warm, inviting, up-to-date, stylish home. MOST people, and I am one of them, cannot afford to pay the same amount on the interiors of their homes as the PURCHASE price of that same home. (YES, I said PURCHASE PRICE. It can cost that much and more through a designer.) I know this.
~
For example, I have been living in our home for FOUR years people- and I KNOW it looks like I have done a lot in our house decorating wise. But little things like this perfectionism problem have held me back- Lena's room -was one of my FIRST projects I worked on in our house. But guess what. I NEVER finished it!! I had certain plans in my head of grand canopies draping from the ceiling and mighty royal window treatments cascading elegantly around the room....and because I was so BENT on doing it EXACTLY like a professional would...I've never been able to gather the time to make it happen. I have been stuck in the mud of my mind- unable to move... and afraid that it would NOT turn out MAGAZINE perfect.
~
NO MORE! The wonderful thing to be reminded of is who the heck cares if it's not perfect??? IF I make something that is pretty and imperfect...who's going to NOTICE?
NO MORE! The wonderful thing to be reminded of is who the heck cares if it's not perfect??? IF I make something that is pretty and imperfect...who's going to NOTICE?
NO ONE WILL!
~
This whole concept can unlock people's minds and offer them the FREEDOM to move ahead..more forward...flaws and all. It just makes SO much sense. I am so glad to have had some sense knocked back into me. GOOD, old fashioned common sense. Aren't the flaws sometimes the most cherished characteristics of things we love anyway?
This whole concept can unlock people's minds and offer them the FREEDOM to move ahead..more forward...flaws and all. It just makes SO much sense. I am so glad to have had some sense knocked back into me. GOOD, old fashioned common sense. Aren't the flaws sometimes the most cherished characteristics of things we love anyway?
~
THANK YOU Nester, for reminding me of something I already knew...but was forgetting!
I think EVERYONE can benefit from this! Anyone who has any desire at all to beautify something in their lives...trust yourself and know that
it does NOT have to be perfect to be absolutely unequivocably beautiful.





3 comments:
I'm so glad to meet you, Rachel!
I loved your post and I think we are birds of a feather!
I saw your comment over at The Nester's blog (the knotty pine post) and thought I'd come over and visit! : )
I agree that we tend to get so caught up in having everything done perfectly and "just so" that we forget why we are doing it.
Love that Nester. :)
Post a Comment