Christmas Aftermath!! =)
{a.k.a. the longest Christmas post you've ever seen -do they have a World record for this kind of thing? Cuz I think I just broke it-Brace yourself.}
~
So we did in fact have a wonderful Christmas, and it was filled with the joys of watching the kids in awe of Santa's amazing skills. {I personally love to give nearly ALL the credit to Santa at Christmas, I mean, every kid deserves to have the experience of the big guy magically bringing their hearts desire!}It is a magical time, and more than the presents, I felt a little Christmas joy in my heart as well. As you may have picked up on my last post, on Christmas eve, I was not exactly feeling like the "cheeriest Elf round the tree". And it kinda went south from there that evening..to say I was feeling grouchy,or grinchy,would be more than accurate!
~
But, we attempted to have a little evening with our little nuclear family, and we began it by watching The Nativity as well as Mr Krueger's Christmas. Although I have seen both of those short holiday videos many times, that night they struck my heart and soul. That evening I experienced a small Christmas miracle. I felt the love of Christ pierce through my heartache of the day, my guilt over not getting more done,service-wise, that I had hoped to accomplish at this time of year. I felt the quiet peaceful whisperings of the sweet spirit of Jesus, telling me that I had done enough. My mind and heart felt he loved me, that I was being a mother to his choice spirits. My offering to him was fulfilled. I felt that he knew my heart. And it made me cry with thankfulness. (luckily it was totally dark in our attic while we all watched on the big screen, because I was blubbering horridly!)
~
I had a personal witness of the direct care that Christ has for each and every single one of us. I KNOW he knows my mind and my heart. He knows my cares, worries, and life. I am so intensely grateful for such knowledge, and I appreciate that he took the time to connect with me that night, when I felt so out of it. It made me feel so loved.
~
So, after that, we all returned to the Christmas tree and it was a ball to watch each other discover what surprises lay in store under there! It was great fun, and I was also completely filled with happiness that my children were sweet, thankful, and kind about all their gifts. It made it really extra fun.
Part ONE: Christmas EVE
Per Lena's request, we opened the way for Santa.
Elf studio is cheap chic! And I am down with that!
See..looks nice too!
The kids were so excited to give us
the gifts they picked out for us!
Dane and Lena picked out necklaces and a cell phone for Elsie.
She wasted no time making use of her new toys!
Dane's spy watch was the best $11 bucks I ever spent. 
You wanna talk about weird quirks? One of my favoritest gifts ever. Right there. I am plowing through it!
Part Two: Christmas Morning
(I only got a few pics...everything else was VIDEO! )
Here's three measly shots!!
Here's three measly shots!!
You'll have to imagine the rest.
Lemme tell ya,
it was great.

....So, Santa came the next morning, as we lay the cookies out for him that we made as well as a lovely letter from Lena asking him about whether or not he had any pets. Lena also made quite sure that our fireplace opening was clear of candles and even made daddy open the wrought iron fireplace cover so he would have no obstacles in his way! So cute!
~
This year was Elsie's first time to really "get" Christmas. She was so cute about it all. She snuggled or kissed every toy she received, I think, even the wood ones. Ha!
She officially is the cutest child alive, we decided.~
Part 3- Family Christmas Party!!

We finished out the Christmassy delights with the annual Family get together! We have begun a tradition of reserving a private room at a waterfront restaurant near our house, called Bel Lago, and it was really great! After stuffing ourselves full {I swear, I could LIVE off of whipped herbed butter and crusty fresh bread}, we headed back home, and Steph and I serenaded everyone with our mad flute skills, as the sang carols! haha! It was pretty awesome.
Then it was a fun game, sweet ripping gifts open, and a feisty round of the White Elephant Game! {Our family is getting more and more naughty with this game...and by that I mean everyone brings better and nicer gifts every year, so the stealing is fierce!} That's a blast!
Christmas desserts around my Christmasy set dining table finished us all off, I think!
Hi Ollie.
Good buddies.
Mommy and me.
(somebody get me some powder stat! I am too shiny!eek.)

Sweet Uncle Aaron and da boyz
Getting ready to eat!
Natty & Stephie

Nathan & Katrina

Sweet Uncle Aaron and da boyz
Getting ready to eat!
Natty & Stephie
Danny & Amelia
Lillia
Nathan my Cutie Brother
~
Being Engaged sure is fun.
Being Engaged sure is fun.
(or torture...however you look at it.)
How many Boys will fit on one sofa??
Zee prego seesters.
What a wonderful time celebrating traditions and enjoying the love of family and friends.
Thanks to all for making it a memorable year!





2 comments:
You guys looked like you had such a blast together as a family!! That's such a good idea to go somewhere nice for the big meal. That way no one has to stress over it, just desserts! And really, is that stress? :) You have such a beautiful house too!
wow, what a fun post! looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!
Post a Comment