~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, December 16, 2009


Have yourthelf a toothy little Christhmath.
~
I find it completely fitting that the family with the Tooth doctor for a daddy would have the hardest time avoiding sweets as a whole. I am a total sugar addict, as are my little lovelies.
They are junkies. We love the sweet, the sweeter, and the sweetest.
And so, we too, struggle to keep our mouths cavity free!
~
Christmas time is one of the best times of year to see how many cavities you can rack up in one season- whoops- I mean, make the most of all the delightful candies to be had, and not only try them but try our hand at molding them onto some golden crackers cemented together with love (and a little frosting). All to create some sugary piece of mini architectural wonder. (I wonder why?)
Anyway.. it's just what you do at christmas.
~
Behold what I am calling the
"Sucrose Festivus Haus"

And this year it was a battle to create the grandest Sugar estate.

Lena and Mark against Dane and I.

Elsie was the cheerleader.
~

I like to think ours was
"Le Mid Century Modern Sugar Shack."

See THAT look on her face? That right there is what I like to call a Candy Crafter's Pride.
Excuse me....I gotta go brush my teeth.

No comments: