~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Since we are already talking about Toothy things....



~
Y'know...back in the day, when the hubby was in dental school- we still had some dressy events to attend here and there...but it seems once you hit the "real world" there's just not a whole lot of reasons to get dressed up! But once a year, with the practice we co-own, we do have a great little soiree with the other Comfort Dental Docs! A Christmas Tooth Extravaganza, you might say. (with all those dentists, it's a REALLY wild party, as I am sure you can imagine. But, you know, if someone's gotta go, it might as well be us.)
~
So far it's been at a different location every year. Last year we did a Country Club, this year we took it to an upscale grill/eatery that was more on the casual side...so it was a lower key event.
Still fun, and I still wanted to dress up, but Mark kind of talked me out of it. So I dressed in a really boring all black ensemble. It was safe, considering I didn't really know what I was getting into that night!



~



I guess you could call these two the "founders" who started the Comfort Dental in Ohio. They brought it out from Colorado. Todd and Dawn. I really love the wife, Dawn. She's like a little soul sister in a lot of ways. As you can see, she's so cute, super fashionable, so sweet and friendly, and totally musical. She's a singer (operatic), and I think it's clear that the Science and the Music must have been total opposites' attract in this pairing! They are really great.
~
As a Christmas present to all the couples, they donated $50 each towards a Clean Drinking water Charity in an African country, which I was surprised to learn would provide clean drinking water for LIFE for one child there. AMAZING.

Here we have me and my Most Creative Outfit In the Entire Universe. Yes! Those are Black skinny pants I am wearing! Look OUT! I even wore black boots. I know, I am SO creative with evening apparel.


Mark and Todd sharing a Wild Dental Decay Party story.

Here is one of Mark's partners- their most recent addition. He's pretty fresh out of school! Such a cute couple too!


Below we have Dale and Julianna, Mark's initial partner! They are so fun and sweet! And we are so glad to have you as business partners! Couldn't ask for nicer people.
Here's the whole WILD DENTAL CREW! =)


And, just because we could, we had to make Mark snap a pic of us as we chatted.
I LOVE that Dawn is a little glamour girl. It just makes me happy. Don't ask me why. I can't explain it.


And THE REST of the night...well, let's just say it was WAAAYYY TOO WILD to be documented. I mean, with the way they were tossing back the Diet Cokes...it was getting a little scary.
~
But, I was only drinking water. SO, obviously, I was the designated driver.
~
{Thanks for a fabulous night, Todd and Dawn!}




No comments: