Get your dancing shoes on.
~
Salsa dancing reminded me that I must wear a shoe that HUGS my foot when I dance. When I say hugs, I mean has proper toe coverage (so that no toes get sneakily pulled out while spinning fast-ouch!) and has some kind of strap that holds the heel on well, and has a mid sized heel that I can move in. I had completely forgotten how essential an item a proper dancing shoes was! I found a darling looking shoe that resembled a ballroom shoe, but wasn't ( I got it at DSW for like $25 on clearance!) and it became my go-to Salsa shoe. Got lots of compliments on it too, because it's pretty darn cute too! What with a satin rose on the peep toe area and a retro-40's look going .
~
I wore that shoe for my first dance lesson a week ago. Yeah, umm...it was NOT a ballroom shoe. I felt like I was ice skating on that dance floor! Not, I repeat, NOT good. Soooo....I went online and ordered my first "official" pair of ballroom dance shoes from THIS website.
~
Then....when I went to my second lesson yesterday....I forgot ANY shoes. (except, of course the black and white polka dotty rain boots I threw on to escape the slushy snow!) . SO then I went completely barefoot the whole time, which worked well, a LOT better than ice skating like the week before. The main downside to THAT was that it completely wrecked my fresh pedicure. My toenail polish rubbed right off!! Ack.
~
TODAY I received my new ballroom shoes!! They are going to be great, I think, as soon as I can figure out all the strappy parts. They definitely have a lovely suedey sole, which I can imagine will keep me from skating as much on the dance floor. haha. I am excited to put them to good use!
~
Oh, and I am also excited because I and two other Zumba instructors are throwing a free "Zumba" party tomorrow night...and we already have 100 people registered and like 50 people on a wait list to get in!! It's gonna be FUUUUN!!!! I'll let you know how that goes later! Gotta get some sleep tonight!
Soo...Nighty Night!





No comments:
Post a Comment