Weekend Eating...
Lately I have been eating really badly.
Like, Chicken nuggets and french fries bad...with hardly a side of veggies to be seen for miles. (kid food is a plague to my exsistence.)
SO, today I made Soup! A healthy Lemon Lentil Soup with Spinach Leaves. (Like a WHOLE bag of fresh spinach.) I actually was "supposed" to use Kale, but I had spinach. So I just used spinach. I think I liked it better that way, I think.
And instead of green lentils, I used green peas.
But that was only because I really didn't even know there was a difference between green lentils and peas. And when I was standing in front of that whole row of lentil/beany dried things at the grocery store...I couldn't FIND the green lentils. So, I figured, what the heck! I am getting the peas. They are both LEGUMES, right? Same diff.
It turned out great.
I like soup.
It was freshy fresh tasting. And yummy.
The end.
Oh, and I talked to my long-distance (boo-hoo) best friend on the tele tonight for like a looooong time. And it made me miss her. I miss you Lisa. =) I need more friends like that in my life.
Okay, so it's not really the end.
Speaking of friends. When I was at the grocery store the other night, I was on the phone the ENTIRE time with my sister nearest in age to me. She and I are OPPOSITES in every way. Total. TRUST ME. Opposites. (post script: ok, my sister begs to differ on this. I guess that is true more in the past than now. She has single handedly converted me to homeschooling...and so to be accurate we are actaully morphing closer to eachother I think every year... but anyway!) Except for sense of humor. I was wandering around the supermarket trying my best to get what I needed, all while we were talking about how hilarious it would be if I walked up to some unsuspecting store clerk and asked in a very whiny Indian accent, "I am loookeeeing for your FRESH COOOOKING Cheeses." And repeat the phrase "fresh coooooking cheeese" lots of times.
You had to hear us say it. It was quite completely hilarious. So much so that I was nearly doubled over giggling on the phone in the bread isle. Yeah. You probably had to be there.
I laughed really hard, all by myself at the supermarket on my cell phone late at night. I am so weird some times...but laughing makes me happy. SO it's imperative that I do it regularly.
It's like a medical need. So that's why I had to. Yeah.
And...what else. Hmmmm. That 's it.
I did buy a super sweet 1980's throwback outfit at Forever 21 that has "Let's Dance" writen in Silver Sequins on the shirt, and I bought dark mettalic leggings to go with it. Oh yes I did. Cuz I am crazy like that. I'll try to take a pic when I wear it.
And that's it.





2 comments:
did you ever find the cooking cheeses?
now...how opposite are we really?
I'm the homeschooling, granolaish, vitamin pushing, breastfeeding, natural childbirth, piano playing, book reader and you are the homeschooling, ballroom dancing, decorating, craft maker, and you're still nursing your 20 month old!!!! but in our hearts we are sooo the same.
OK....that may be true. I guess I was thinking about other things...like the fact that you are a saver and I am a spender..well, reformed spender, now a saver...kind of. hahah!!!
Post a Comment