~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Monday, January 25, 2010

A new post from Me.

~
Did you know that blue stuff in your hair for about 1/2 hour makes a brownie go blondie?


Oh, yeah. That's what I am all "ups into" right about now. (that's my ghetto talk. like it?)So I'z gonna blog whilz I waitz for itz to get on wit it.

~

Did you know my technology sucks right now? My cell phone was dropped in Elsie bubbly bath a week ago and now I need a new phone. And my digital camera is lost in the abyss of my house. And it's in here, oh yes. I know it. I just really have no clue where. Darn thing. I am feeling kinda antsy and lost not being able to snap a pic at any random moment like normal.

It's like kinda making me sad!

Where are you my little Sony? Come to mama!!!

~

And then also, I have been in this kind of all encompassing affair with my Ballroom dance lessons. My brain drifts while I rock Elsie to naps, to bed at night...and it immediately lands in someplace where I am reliving my past week's lessons. What could I do better? How can I improve quicker? Why am I so darn impatient? Why can't I be amazing NOW, gosh darn it? Mark and I met one of my 2 dance instructors for dinner and salsa dancing last Friday on our date night. That night was really blissful to me because I had all my favorite dance people around me:


1.)The hubs, of course.

2.)BOTH my instructors, plus a handful of other teachers that were

there to be danced with.

3.)My bestie Zumba girl, who is just too fun to be with. See? That's me and her. This was a pic from her phone. Yah..cuz I no have no camera, dude.

~

And so, during dancing that night, I had an Epiphany.

I am a part of a dance food chain.

Right now I feel like I am climbing up the food chain, but I am definitely still somewhere on the middle of it. My hubby, for example is on the lower end of the food chain. (poor dear)

He knows very little...some, but not quite enough to make him really easy to dance with yet.(in a steps sort of way, I mean! He is always of course my sweetie, and I love to snuggle dance with him..=) which is what I do.lol!)

Anyway.. where was I?


Oh yes, the dance-FOOD CHAIN.


And so...now that I seem to know a little, I am able to hold my own a little tiny bit with the instructors. They dance with me, and it is fun. But...on Friday...I realized that they are humoring me.OF Course they are!! Duh? I thought I was so fun to dance with...but then the REAL ballroom girls come a knockin'.

Oh yeah...and then I watch my

instructors wander on over to the

T-o-P

of the dancey food chain.

And they get it on.

Dancing like WOW.

Dancing like...YEAH...I wanna do that.

I SOO-HOOO -HOOOO want to look like THAT.


Really cool.


And I knew that I am not there yet...but maybe, if my feet and brain can continue working together...maybe by the end of this year I will be able to say I got closer to the top of that coveted chain.

~

That would be a dream, sweetheart.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

If mark's at the bottom and you're in the middle where does that put the likes of me and danny?
we must be in the dark underworld of dancing, where only quadraplegics, amputees, and nursing home residents reside. Although that one legged guy really danced well on that youtube video...and I bet some nursing home residents can do the cha cha or something.

Rachel H said...

Hahahahaha...that is so funny Amel.
I am sorry..but I know you guys could learn...it's just doing it!
I bet Danny has the rhythm of a Las Vegas showgirl. those legs. y'know.