~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Time for School!
~
Ok. I'll admit it.
Christmas was the first real break we have taken from homeschool so far this year. And now, I am afraid of going back!! I don't know why, but I am kind of dreading it! I am certainly dreading it a LOT less than traditional school...but I just hope that we don't have any temper tantrums, complaining, or other assorted potential issues. Not that we've had that before. OOOOH, noooo.. my children are practically perfect in every way, didn't you know?
~
And ESPECIALLY since we are doing homeschooling. Haha. Just kidding. Lena still complains about Math and spelling. She doesn't read unless she ABSOLUTELY has to. And, I will say that now that we have the homeschooly freedom and I am right there with her the whole time, she is a lot happier and doing better because I can help read/explain things to her that she would other wise be lost with.
ON the other hand, the girl loves Roman history, eats it up! (total shocker to me!!) And she is CONSTANTLY creating beautiful illustrations. Drawing, coloring, and more coloring all day long. That never recedes. I swear she has a writing utensil (be it a pencil, marker, or crayon) attached to her hand so often it's going to grow into her hand there! She is going to be some kind of designer. Of that I am sure. Girlfriend has some seriously awesome skills in that arena.
~
We also have her scheduled for an independent reading analysis to be done on her by a ph.D who happens to be a Reading specialist and also happens to especially work with a lot of homeschoolers. She herself home schooled her kids (one who was dyslexic too!!) , who I believe are all doctors of different kinds now. We are hoping she can assist us in deciding if Lena is truly dyslexic or not, and help us come up with a plan no how to best deal with it!
So, looking forward to that in early Feb.
~
In Dane's world, he is driving us kind of nuts with ...I don't know what you'd call it- middle child syndrome? He's been speaking with a really annoying tone of voice, too loud, teasing his older and younger sisters, and just basically driving us all a little kooky. I told Mark he doesn't need home school, he needs MILITARY school, preferably a boarding school!!! Haha. Love him so, but he's been a little tough lately. I am not sure what he needs. Attention , yes. Discipline, yes. Love, yes. Patience, YES. (I need help with that one too!)
~
Elsie is a full fledged toddler. All body movement and no brains to back those motor skills up.
She wants to climb on the tall breakfast bar chairs in our kitchen, and thinks she can climb all over things that will nearly get her killed. She's active...but yet still a little Nursey baby!! I personally can NOT believe I am still nursing that child. My other two weaned all by themselves at 1 year. She's like my eternal infant. LOVES it. WANTS it. NEEDS it. And, I must admit, I still love holding her cuddled up in my arms too, with her gazing up at me happily. I do have my limitations though. Right now we are nursing more than I am happy with. I really want her to cut back to morning and evening. But she's got that feisty will that all my kids have, and she wants it, and I have a hard time saying no . I, however, will be saying no more for my own sanity. I would like to keep some of it.
~
And that is my completely random update on the status of my kiddoes for tonight!
On to school tomorrow. (...and at least we won't have to get out of our Christmas Jammies for it or anything. Hi. My name is LAZY. How are you? )

No comments: