~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

MID WEEK Update
~
I don't really have a lot of energy for words right now.
(p.s.although now that I look at it, I guess I had SOME energy for words, as it looks like I wrote quite a few down...)
~
I will keep it simple.
~
Dancing? Yes.
~
Found a new/nother dance instructor. YES. Like both. (for different reasons- one is technical, one is teaching me some really cool choreography) Will dance with both until I change my mind on one or the other. New instructor just moved here from NYC, and has some pretty groovy dancey-connections! Tony Dovolani, Elena Grinenko, for two!)
~
Escaping into dance is keeping me sane. Went Salsa dancing on tuesday night for a short time, and could already FEEL improvement in my movements. It's pretty amazing how quickly I've noticed change.
~
Daytime hours occupied with Schooling Lena (overall going well...not a lot new to report there), Keeping teething toddling cranky child who craves death defying acts alive, and attempting to talk son into watching less pbs all day.
~
On a less than wonderful note, over the weekend my sweet little Sis Steph was hospitalized with a rare but serious infection on her face (of all frustrating places!) and we are trying to support her recovery. It is not a quick recovery. It involves a hospital like sterilization at home as well, which would be pretty overwhelming to anyone!~ Prayers for her are appreciated!
~
I also auditioned for a new Zumba teaching position, which has proved to be more difficult/annoying than I could have ever thought it would be. Dealing with managers who know nothing about Zumba (or the way the class goes) makes it difficult for them to understand why it doesn't get taught like an "old school" traditional dancey aerobics class (like jazzersize). It's different, and they have issues understanding it. So that's been rather frustrating. But, it will all work out I am sure. Not worried, it has just been more of an irritation like a splinter in your toe. Ignorant people irritate me. haha!
~
What can I say, my patience is low?
~
IT IS.
~
And, other than that....life is good.
Keep on keepin' on!
(or so they say?)

No comments: