~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, January 24, 2007


I'm a dirty girl.....
Yeah, I know, like not in THAT way. More in a haven't had a shower-feelin' really greasy-but too busy to fit one in so I better use extra deodorant kinda way. I also realized that I haven't ever posted a picture of myself "au natural" which is both frightening and embarrassing all in one swoop. This I will admit is not the WORST one I have ever had- but Lena has been running around the house taking pics with our digital camera lately, so this is one that she took of me putting dirty dishes into the dishwasher. The main thing I always used to hear from people who randomly saw me without makeup (who were USED to seeing me with it) was "are you tired today?" And I think, "No, unfortunately for us all, this is how I look without something making me look like I have slept for more than 5 hours last night. " Which also is usually quite true.
This leads me to the fact that as a mom, there are 2 things that used to come free and easy that are now hard and scheduled, cleanliness and sleep . I had a sweet convo with my former roommate from BYU today and she asked how I get the stuff done that I do. I said, "Remember the hours we used to keep in college? I just do that." Which basically equates to no sleep. In fact yesterday in an effort cook something yummy before I ran off for work, I had Dane and Lena take a late nap during which I would make some delicious homemade broccoli and cheddar soup. Well, that didn't exactly come off as I hoped it would. I promptly put myself down to a nap in Lena's bed, only to have Mark wake me up at exactly 10 minutes before I HAD to leave for work!! And I was Dirty Girl NOT Clean Girl at the time. So I had to work a bit of magic just to get out the door in a semi-acceptable state. And at 10:30 when I got home, I was so obsessed with getting my soup done- guess what I did- yep, started chopping broccoli! But by 11pm, I decided I was too unfocused to be able to read the directions well enough to have it actually resemble soup in the end. It probably would have been like "broccoli-flour-chunk butter gunk." So hopefully today I will finish it.

No comments: