~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Projects from this week!

This is the modern sofa (sectional) set we got off of Craig's list for $250!
We had very specific needs up in the play room
Mainly-
~It has to have fixed back cusions so that if the kids were to do a total dive into it they would never accidentally hit a hard back frame behind a pillow! And so far, they are using it for that and loving it!
And I am serious, Lena was SO thrilled when we put it up there, she kept saying "daddy we LOVE you! " and "Mommy, tell daddy how much we LOVE HIM!!" Mark was like, "Geez, she wasn't this excited at Christmas even!" I have no idea what was up with that.
Also- I wanted something that could be equivalent to 2 sofas, because I knew we'd need it for movies when we have friends over- so everyone can have a seat.
And each peice is on casters so they can be configured easily any way we want.
So, needless to say we're all pretty "stoked" about it!
And ta-DAAAA!!!!!

This is one of the 5 lambrequins we are finishing. I made 2 yesterday (took me about 8 hours- which is WAY longer than I anticipated, I am hoping I'll get quicker) , and I think I will post pictures of the process in case anyone is interested... But we are thrilled with the results so far!!

No comments: