~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Friday, January 12, 2007


"Ponies on Parade!"
Lena did this with her my little pony stuff today, which I thought was just funny! She used not only all her small and large ponies, but her my little pony board books and her larger musical book propped up in the back as well!
Lena had her first science experiment report today and I am shocked at how competitive I was feeling about it. I packed up her report, findings, her experiment items so she could go and present it all by herself (I know she prefers to do those kinds of things by herself, when I am there it's just distracting) But I kept obsessively thinking- "Will it be good enough? We should have made something more interesting, or intricate, or maybe with more steps!"
Then I tried to remind myself she's only in preschool.
But -WOW- I wanted that science experiment to be the COOLEST one in the class. I doubt it was, but I think she enjoyed presenting it and it made her feel important that she COULD do it by herself. So I guess that's all that really matters, right?
I remind myself of my dad suddenly. I know that's how he was when I was growing up. He always wanted to help us have the neatest presentations, reports, etc.. It always gave me a little bit of extra pride in knowing he cared so much about my things like that. He sometimes helped a little TOO much- you know- where the teachers are like "Hmmm, you know an AWFUL lot about aerodynamics right now- at the age of seven. " Yeah- and then you have to pretend that you really DO know all that stuff. But it sure felt COOL.

No comments: