DO I HAVE AN ARROW POINTING AT MY HEAD...
with the phrase "HIT ME" on my forehead?
I'm just asking this because my day today has me wondering, if not completely sure. A person can only take so many annoyances.
1st. Bill #1 comes, our HEAT bill. I open it, I gasp, I glare open-mouthed in shock. OOOOH! I get it, it's so high(like nearly 1K) partially because apparently I didn't pay the BILL last month! GREAT! I look in my finance organizer. There's the statement, with "Paid online" written by my hand. So.....why.. is it not paid? I apparently didn't click the box in front of the name of the bill when I was online and THOUGHT I was paying the BILL!!!! Allrighty then. I paid the whole, freakin', stinkin' thing.
2nd. Apparently for some unimaginable reason, my house insurance no longer bills my mortgage company. So EVEN though we pay to an ESCROW account, that is there FOR the house insurance, we are getting billed like$440 a month for HOUSEY INSURANCE! After 3 excruciating calls back and forth between the mortgage company- who I can guarantee is made up 100% with friendly folks from your neighborhood funny farm, most definitely 6th grade dropouts- and the darlings over at the house insurance place, I know that no one is in their right mind or has computer systems that are connected to anybody else's! They must just chalk up your info on teeny tiny little chalk boards and put smiley faces over the whole thing just as your phone call is coming to an end. Then they take out the eraser and erase the whole of it for the next unsuspecting caller.
3rd. I am in the kitchen with the kiddies. No sooner do I shut the trash can, and with NO reason, no major slams or pushes, a HUMONGOUS crash nearly sideswipes my head as two tiers of a large decorative glass dessert set that I had on display above my cabinet comes crackling down to the wooden floor, gouging a chunk out of my wood trim on the kitchen cabinet edge, and smashing a few bazillion glass pieces from the sun room throughout the kitchen past the dining room into the living room.
It all left me wondering, maybe I was meant to get hit with the glass today, but somehow- I missed it. I am just waiting for the sky to fall next.





2 comments:
you are having what I call a BAD NEW YORK DAY....in Ohio!
I had a good chuckle over this one, primarily because I frequently have days where I can soooo relate. Only I refer to it as having a bullseye on my head. :-)
Post a Comment