ARSTY FARTSY
This Sunday I was supposed to make a poster for what we call "Activity Days" which is usually held on a Saturday - with games, crafts, sometimes food, and always a theme and a lesson of some sort for all our children in Primary. The last time I was asked to make a poster, someone asked me because he had "heard" that I was "artsy"- which really for the poster didn't matter, because it was one that was going to be outside and just really needed a large, visible message on it. So when I did that poster it turned out pretty LAME , in my humble opinion. I would call it functional but in no way confirming that person's thoughts on my so called "artsiness" . So, I am guessing that the reason I did this poster for Primary the way that I did was a knee jerk reaction to save face from my last lame-o poster lamentation.
I decided to paint it. I really couldn't think of any other way to get it looking good enough for me to not hate it. Plus, I was totally in the mood to paint something! Sooo, I woke up early on Sunday morning, and about 1 1/2 to 2 hours later, had this.....

I will say that I could've added a lot more detail...but it being just a poster that will most likely get tossed in a month or so kept me realistic. But I like how it turned out. MUCH better than my last one.





2 comments:
SO CUte...and WAY impressive...
wow! that was just for a primary activity?! impressive.
Post a Comment