~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Thursday, March 29, 2007




Crafting With Marie Antoinette


I'll admit that's not easy given the fact that she died so long ago. Fine, alright I admit it- I watched the movie (With Kirsten Dunst) while I made my 12 requisite cards for my card club. But I bet she would have made a very opulent card making companion. My sisters laugh because I don't have a newborn but I sometimes keep worse bedtime hours than my 2 sisters with babies! I am a night owl. Last night I first added my new ME, as in "wee mee" to my blog. I know, cheesy cheese, right! But-dude- don't knock it till you try it. It was actually way fun to pick my personalized one out. So after I did thaaaat, which was also after I came home from working for the man, as in Max Azria, I was determined to finished these darned cards cuz today is my monthly card club. And in the process thoroughly enjoyed that movie about Marie- Antoinette. I'll be the first too admit when it comes to certain subjects that I have never been keen on, that my breadth of knowledge is quite -well- narrow. History has always been a big one, geography, the math and science arena as well. (Don't get me wrong, I still got "A"'s in most of those classes in college, cuz mamma ain't no dummy) But seriously, back in my school days, I thought History was SO-HOOOOO-HOOO boohoooring. Yawner central. But, as I have gotten older history has come so much more alive to me. I finally realized that it's not about the annoying dates and facts, it's about the intriguing tales of families and friends and stories from every era. There are untold treasures of interesting bits about anything and everything you could dream of learning about in history. Anyway...I'm not meaning to do an essay on history or anything, it's just cool. Sooo, watching Marie Antoinette was super fun because Mark and I spent some time at Versailles,France and took tours and heard all about her history. It was my absolute favorite part if our visit to France. In addition to the actual main building, the gorgeous lush gardens, Le Petit trianon, so many of the scenes were just awesome to see. We had walked there and sat there and been there. It was so beautiful and romantic to me. Not to mention the fact that the Louis 15th Rococo period in interiors is my ALL TIME FAVORITE.

In the process of watching this movie, I finished my cards, of which I made multiples of 3 styles- see here-


So it was a productive, and reminiscent night. And, I will say that I am dying to read the book that inspired the movie.

No comments: