~...becoming a ballroom competitor, I am literally dancing my way through being a mom, wife, homeschooler, and more ~

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go....."
Okay, yeah, that's really just in theory. In actuality I am going on a Happy Birthday to ME trip for my big "30" leaving tomorrow morning and I have list a mile long of to do's before I abandon my husband and children for about 5 days!!! Yikes. That sounds so long...I almost feel kinda guilty about leaving for that long. But not that bad. I'm sure they'll get along without me over the extended weekend. I also feel kinda guilty just thinking about my trip to Greenwich, Ct/New York City because I am afraid to say that deep down inside of me I AM SOOOOO FREAKIN EXCITED TO BE GOING!!!!!! But SHHHHHH! Don't tell a soul that. I am trying to play it cool.
"Ohhh, I am so going to miss everyone and Ohhh, I am so sad to go, and Ohhh, I wish I could bring you all."
But the little naughty devil on my shoulder is yelling inside of me "EEEEEEEK! Today is my birthday, and I am going to par-tay like it's 1999 with my best girlfriend and we are like twins so we are going to do everything WE would want to DO!" That means eating at COOOL places, shopping a LO-O-OT in NYC, seeing Legally Blonde on Broadway and hanging out at the BEACH baby!!"
Okay. I got a little steam off. Now I can be calm again.
And when I get back....I will tell you all about it. =)

3 comments:

Wendster said...

Have fun on your five day get a way! I just saw your mural for the first time. Dont know how I missed that? Anyways, it's BEAUTIFUL! Excellent use of light and shadow, and a nice palette. I enjoyed seeing it immensely. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Rachel, I'm so jealous! Hope you're having a great time! Look forward to hearing about it when you get back!

Rachel H said...

Thanks guys! I have had a great time!

And Wendster- thanks for the compliment on the mural- feedback is always appreciated - as an artist as well I am sure you know that! Your stuff is very nice too!
=)